*Research Project Coordinator* - The Shaw Institute is recruiting to fill
the position of Research Project Coordinator to implement research and
monitoring initiatives at its Blue Hill Research Center on the mid-Maine
coast. This is a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated individual
with a background in marine sciences, environmental toxicology/chemistry or
a related field, and excellent organizational, analytical, and
communications skills. The Coordinator will help design and carry out
collaborative research and monitoring projects, supervise interns, interact
with partner organizations, and assist with obtaining funding to expand the
research. Examples of current projects include: Plastics -- Quantifying
microplastics in Gulf of Maine waters, marine mammals and commercial
seafood; POPs -- Assessing impacts of emerging flame retardant chemicals in
marine mammals from three oceans; Climate change -- Tracking water quality
(warming) and food web shifts in the Gulf of Maine. This is a full time
position.

*The Position is Open Until Filled. Start Date April 1, 2019*
Please follow the link for the full job description
https://www.shawinstitute.org/sites/default/files/uploaded/2019%20Research%20Coordinator.pdf

Madelyn Woods
Marine Research Coordinator
Shaw Institute, Blue Hill Research Center
55 Main St. Blue Hill, ME 04614
207.374.2135

Please Note: *my email address has changed*. Please update my contact
information in your system.