The organization ELI-S and the Coastal dolphin of Latin America is very
happy to announce the setting up of a research expedition on humpback whale
calving habitat in Golfo Dulce (Costa Rica) and Gulf of Chiriqui (Panama).

When ?

Costa Rica from 28 August-1 September 2019

and

Panama  from 1 September – 5 September 2019

Don't miss your chance to join us on this special edition where you can
discover Costa Rica and Panama during one single expedition.  Thanks to 15
years of data gathering on behaviors combined to satellite tagging data
(cooperation with Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama) we
have shown the fluid movement of mother-calf pairs between coastal waters
in Chiriquí Gulf and Osa Peninsula, more particularly in Golfo Dulce. We
will assess the development stage and health of calves. We will also be
recording vocalizations on these calving areas. Additionally as a side
project we will continue photo-ID efforts in Chiriquí Gulf with inshore
bottlenose dolphins and seek possible exchange and transitions with the
dolphin population in nearby Golfo Dulce.

No previous experience is required to join the expedition as training will
be provided. You will assist marine biologists in the field and gain
experience in boat-based surveys.

The program for this expedition comprises four marine navigations along
coastal areas in the two study sites: two in Golfo Dulce and two in Gulf of
Chiriquí. Participation fee includes lodging in shared accommodations (9
days/ 8 nights), including breakfast and dinner, meals, hydration and
snacks during navigation are also included. The expedition arrangement
facilitates participation in only one half of the expedition (4 nights / 5
days), however, we will start in Golfo Dulce since is the model to guide
research next door in Panama, we will aid in travel arrangements in case
just one of the site is chosen for participation.

For any additionnal information on the program fees please send an email to
eliscienti...@gmail.com or visit https://www.nicacetacea.org/researchcamp

Best regards,

*Joëlle De Weerdt, Msc*
President ELI-S
Project director of Cetacean conservation of Nicaragua
www.nicacetacea.org & www.eli-s.com
Find ELI-Scientific on : Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ELIScientific/>,
Instagram <http://www.instagram.com/eli.scientific/>, Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ELI_Scientific>, Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeseHPDvE6pq-MmoZXWNkg>
Use lilo as research engine and support our project
https://www.lilo.org/fr/eli-scientific/