The Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre (CBMWC)
<https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-
centre/>  is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to join our
Living Seas Team for the 2020 research season, to help with our marine
mammal research and community engagement work.

The Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre is the Living Seas wing of The
Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales <http://www.welshwildlife.org/> .
Since 1996 we have been dedicated to raising awareness of the local marine
environment through research and education. Using land and boat based
surveys, photo-identification and acoustic studies we collect data on marine
megafauna, focusing on bottlenose dolphins, harbour porpoises and Atlantic
grey seals in the Cardigan Bay Special Area of Conservation (SAC) and the
wider Irish Sea. We operate a busy visitor centre (average 17,000 visitors
per year) and also provide marine educational activities for families,
school and groups.

Volunteering with CBMWC is a unique opportunity for you to carry out marine
mammal research and to help inspire the public through our visitor centre
and community engagement events. You'll learn about the marine species of
Cardigan Bay and gain experience in field work, processing data,
environmental education, community engagement and much more!

The volunteer programme at CBMWC has received national recognition after
achieving the Investing in Volunteers Award (IiV), the UK's quality standard
for volunteer management. We provide a fantastic volunteer experience!

The Volunteering Role

The SeaSeal volunteer will assist with our Living Seas research focused on
the Atlantic grey seals of Cardigan Bay. Volunteer responsibilities include
(but not limited to) -

*       Conducting land based seal surveys (weather dependant)
*       Photographing seals and other marine mammals
*       Assisting with the annual seal pup survey (During October)
*       Conducting photo ID - sorting/matching images
*       Analysing data and writing the SeaSeal report
*       Providing updates for our website and social media
*       Reporting back to the Living Seas Staff
*       You will also assist with other areas of our work including land and
boat based surveys, running our visitor centre and community engagement
activities

Visit
https://www.welshwildlife.org/visitor-centres/cardigan-bay-marine-wildlife-c
entre/volunteer/seal-photo-id/ for further information on the roles and how
to apply.

Deadline for applications is 23:59pm on Sunday 2nd February 2020.

Contact - Laura Evans at volunt...@cbmwc.org or 01545 560224 for more
information.

Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales

Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre,