Dear MARMAM community,

I will be sharing preliminary results chapters from my PhD dissertation on
Monday, 11 January as part of the NOAA Science Seminar series.
Below is a short advert for the webinar.   Warm regards,

_________________________
Gregg Verutes
Doctoral Student
Department of Applied Economy
University of Santiago de Compostela
gregory.veru...@usc.es

------------

OneNOAA Seminar Title:
An evaluation of international policies and local management strategies to
mitigate cetacean bycatch in data-limited fisheries

Presenter:
Gregg Verutes, Biogeographer, University of Santiago de Compostela

Date/time:
11 January 2021 from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ET

Outline of talk:

  1.  Science - building seasonal habitat models of marine mammal distribution
  2.  Management tool - leveraging GIS and stakeholder engagement to map
bycatch risk and data uncertainty in small-scale fisheries
  3.  Policy analysis - comparing the effectiveness of EU and US legislation to
conserve small cetaceans through case studies

More information and to sign up:
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/star/OneNOAASeminars_ListOnly.php<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/star/OneNOAASeminars_ListOnly.php&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1ul8HxVgeofhD6rG4sT6uj>