The Namibian Dolphin Project is an organization run by several independent
scientists based in southern Africa, and we are running a
research internship in Walvis Bay, Namibia (June 7th to July 11th). This
NDP Internship has been ongoing for close to a decade, and our program is
proven to be a very rewarding experience. We would like to invite students
enrolled in marine biology, ecology and zoology degrees to attend.

Interns will join an active research programme during an intensive period
of field work aiming to tackle a number of research questions including
long-term population monitoring (photo ID and static acoustic monitoring),
behavioural acoustics of bottlenose dolphins (linking sounds to
behaviours), behavioural and acoustic responses to anthropogenic activities
and response to stranded cetaceans (refloatation/data collection). Our
focal study species are a small population of common bottlenose dolphins,
the endemic Heaviside’s dolphin, and humpback whales with additional data
collection on right whales, sunfish (Mola mola), African Penguins, sea
turtles, jackals and Cape fur seals.

Internships are research focused with an emphasis on learning (and using)
field skills in cetacean research such as photo-identification,
bioacoustics, spatially explicit capture-recapture and behavioural data
collection, as well as data management and team work. There is a fee
associated with the internship. If you are interested in this placement
please send a copy of your CV and a letter of motivation to
i...@seasearch.co.za.

More information can be found on the Namibian Dolphin Project and our
umbrella organisation Sea Search Research and Conservation (including
publications) by following these links (www.namibiandolphinproject.organd
www.seasearch.co.za)

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions
regarding this training opportunity.

Kind regards
Namibian Dolphin Project Team
www.namibiandolphinproject.org