HDR is currently in need of a Technical Project Manager for our Virginia Beach,
VA location. The ideal candidate will have project management expertise, an
extensive knowledge of Marine Science emphasizing the effects of underwater
sound to marine mammals, as well as experience monitoring marine mammal
abundance, distribution, and/or behavioral responses to stimuli. This position
will assist in a wide range of project management, boat and aircraft-based
fieldwork, and team support roles with our current clients and expand our
client-base in the Norfolk, VA area with an anticipated concentration of work
assignments concentrated on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Ocean areas but
also including occasional projects in the Pacific Ocean region.

Primary Responsibilities

In the role of Technical Project Manager, we'll count on you to:

* Provide project management east-coast based aircraft surveys including Navy
client project-management, fieldwork, and reporting needs warrants the
justification of this new hire to our team.

* Involved in Atlantic-based small boat tagging efforts, data processing, and
annual reporting efforts.

* Manage multiple projects from conception, planning, budgeting, and completion.

* Anticipated concentration of work assignments would be concentrated on the
Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Ocean areas.

* This position will assist in a wide range of project management and team
support roles with our current clients and expand our client-base in the
Norfolk, VA area with an anticipated concentration of work assignments
concentrated on the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Ocean areas but also including
the Pacific Ocean region. This position may require effort monitoring from
small twin-engine aircraft as well as from small and large vessels.

* Perform other duties as needed

Required Qualifications

* Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Marine Biology or a related field

* Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience managing scientific research
projects focused on marine mammal biology or behavior in a consulting or
university-related research capacity; ideally this would include a background
of direct interface with customers, and regulatory experience in a combination
of Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA)
compliance.

* Have Project Manager consulting expertise along with an extensive marine
science background with specific interests focused on one or more of the
following: marine mammal behavior, abundance, distribution, behavioral
marine mammals.

* Be detail oriented to perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment
and have the demonstrated ability to direct the work of others including
subcontractors.

* Demonstrated history of reliability, strong work ethic, solid time management
skills, and a demonstrated history of team-oriented performance.

* Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills such as writing
procedures, guides, and/or studies

* Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research skills

* Ability to work independently and as part of a team

* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our
employee-owned culture is a must

* Ability to travel up to 25%. Applicants can anticipate limited travel
throughout the U.S.

* Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance at
the secret level.

Preferred Qualifications

* Knowledge of U.S. Navy training, oil and gas development, construction noise
monitoring, or offshore renewable energy activities a plus.

* Unmanned aerial systems experience with FAA certification a plus but not
required to apply

* MATLAB and/or R Studio programming experience a plus but not required to apply

Direct Link To Job Description: Technical Project Manager (ID: 167139)
https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=167139&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.YoPRNZ-Y13g.mailto

For more information about working for HDR, please see:
https://www.hdrinc.com/careers/working-hdr<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdrinc.com%2Fcareers%2Fworking-hdr&data=05%7C01%7Ceric.howell%40hdrinc.com%7C535a0186f0854a5d26fc08da3823fed1%7C3667e201cbdc48b39b425d2d3f16e2a9%7C0%7C0%7C637884024502755530%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=%2BQzLZxSujPS2%2B0Vv%2F8kuV3msqbS1%2F3dTtwh%2BOSe54Ro%3D&reserved=0>

Direct Link To Job Description on MARMAM's website:
Technical Project Manager - Society for Marine Mammalogy
(marinemammalscience.org)<https://marinemammalscience.org/jobs/technical-project-manager/>

Eric Howell
Senior Recruiter
HDR