Dear Colleagues,

A Special Issue of Diversity (ISSN 1424-2818; IF 3.029) has been launched
devoted to the publication of studies on the Biodiversity and Evolution of
Parasites of Marine Mammals. I invite you to contribute to this Special Issue
with your latest research. For further information please follow the link to
the Special Issue website at:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/diversity/special_issues/33A30372L9
<https://www.mdpi.com/journal/diversity/special_issues/33A30372L9>.

Parasites of marine mammals have an intrinsic and instrumental value, but also
a potential pathogenic impact on host populations. Bacteria, viruses,
protozoans and metazoans broadly constitute the parasite diversity among marine
mammals. The tight linkage between host and parasites makes them a suitable
model for studying the ecology, systematics, evolution and biogeography between
organisms. Therefore, we would like to provide with this Special Issue as a
space for the publication of a range of studies on the diversity and evolution
of parasites of marine mammals. We aim to revise and illustrate all levels of
diversity and evolution of marine mammal parasites allowing a broad discussion
in what we know and what we need to focus on in the following years. The scope
includes, but is not limited to, the following fields: species diversity and
distribution, genetic diversity, evolutionary history, parasites as tags for
natural host populations, pathogenicity and disease. Studies using traditional
and advanced diagnostic methods are welcome.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Kindest regards,
Natalia
Guest Editor