Dear colleagues,

We enthusiastically invite you to submit an abstract to our Ocean Sciences
Meeting 2024 session, “ME004 - Leveraging historical archives to
reconstruct ecological processes across temporal and spatial scales”.
https://agu.confex.com/agu/OSM24/prelim.cgi/Session/195406

Our session aims to highlight research using historical archives (broadly
defined, but some examples are museum collections, isotopes, ancient DNA,
oral histories, etc.) to study ecological and oceanographic processes
across the full biological spectrum over decadal to millennial scales
within the Holocene. Specifically, we invite researchers and studies that
are exploring the past to better understand the future of ecosystems
worldwide. Studies that include any aspect of marine mammal biology,
including but not limited to, marine mammal behavior (broadly defined),
their habitats, or their ecological roles, are encouraged to submit an
abstract.

*We are committed to amplifying diverse voices, practices, and lived
experiences to develop a more just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive field*.
To achieve this, we hope that you will share this announcement widely
within your network.

Abstract submissions are due September 13, 2023. Please feel free to reach
out with any questions, and thank you for your consideration!

Cheers!
Jonathan Cybulski, Kerri Smith, Matthew Ramirez, and Kelton McMahon

*--Kerri J. Smith, Ph.D.*

NSF Postdoctoral Fellow

McMahon Ocean Ecogeochemistry Lab
<http://keltonmcmahon.com/index.html#welcome>

University of Rhode Island

Graduate School of Oceanography

215 South Ferry Road, Narragansett, RI 02882