For those of you in Florida, you don't want to miss this speaker series at
Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

Clearwater Marine Aquarium proudly presents *Echoes of the Ocean*, a marine
life speaker series encompassing national research, as well as insights
into CMA's own groundbreaking studies and encompassing our mission of
rescue, rehabilitation, and release. The series will explore whales,
dolphins, sea turtles, manatees, and other emerging topics that are making
waves in marine science. We are excited to connect our visitors and members
with the passionate experts who dedicate their lives to exploring and
protecting the ocean and its inhabitants.

This first event will be held on Thursday, March 7 and will feature the
fascinating story of a newly discovered species of whale found in the Gulf
of Mexico, formally named the *Rice’s whale *in 2021. After years of
research, scientists used genetic and morphological evidence to determine
that the Rice’s whale is a distinct species. The Rice’s whale is one of the
most critically endangered species in the world with fewer than 100
individuals remaining.

Tickets are on sale today:
https://visit.cmaquarium.org/#/Admissionlist/SpeakerSeries
<https://visit.cmaquarium.org/?fbclid=IwAR1q9AGG_vSopsZQw3dRdrpqIZanksjshXoz33YW7sd0vdV-I873J9-BD4M#/Admissionlist/SpeakerSeries>

Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working marine
rescue center dedicated to inspiring the human spirit through leadership in
education, research, rescue, rehabilitation, and release. CMA is a
stranding network partner in the Southeast U.S.

*Cheryl Munday*
che...@cherylmunday.com
*Cheryl Munday*
Principal Consultant