*Announcement:4th African Bioacoustics Community conference!*
1 to 6 September 2024
Breakwater Lodge, Cape Town, South Africa

We are very excited to announce that the 4th African Bioacoustics Community
conference is being held at the *Breakwater Lodge, V&A Waterfront, Cape
Town, South Africa* from the *1st to the 6th of September*. As in previous
years, we anticipate that the conference will be of interest to marine
mammal scientists. We will showcase bioacoustics research conducted on
marine mammals in Africa and share how advancements in acoustic
methodologies, including machine learning methods, are enhancing our
capabilities in marine mammal research. We will also have a full day’s
workshop on MANTA: Making Ambient Noise Trends Accessible, hosted by Prof
Jennifer Miksis-Olds. For information on the conference please see our
website:
https://africanbioacoustic.wixsite.com/abcommunity

We are seeking *plenary speakers focusing on marine mammal acoustics* for
the conference, who are preferably *living and working* in *Africa*. Get in
touch with us via our email address if you want to be considered for a
plenary talk or you wish to nominate a plenary speaker:
africanbioacoust...@gmail.com

*Click* the* link* *below *to *submit your abstract* today to present a
talk or poster at the 4th African Bioacoustics Community Conference!
https://africanbioacoustic.wixsite.com/abcommunity/abstractsubmission

*Abstract submission deadline is the 30th of April 2024.*

Please get in *contact* with us via the email address below if you’d like
to host a *workshop*:
africanbioacoust...@gmail.com

*Our website is live and registration is open!Click here to register: *
https://africanbioacoustic.wixsite.com/abcommunity/registration
You can still join us even if you’re not presenting!

We greatly appreciate you joining us and look forward to your participation.