Dear colleagues,

Through our cooperative partnership with the University of Miami, the NOAA
Southeast Fisheries Science Center's Marine Mammal Branch in Miami, FL is
looking to hire *three new positions* to join our growing passive acoustics
team.

The SEFSCā€™s Passive Acoustics Ecology Program conducts research in the Gulf
of Mexico, North Atlantic Ocean, and Caribbean, using innovative passive
acoustic technologies to improve assessment and understanding of marine
mammals and human-produced sounds that may impact them, to aid in
management, monitoring, and conservation efforts.

We seek two full-time Marine Mammal Acousticians, at either the Research
Associate 2 or Senior Research Associate 1 level, with expertise in passive
acoustic data collection and analysis.  The Marine Mammal Acousticians will
assist in collection and analysis of acoustic data recordings to detect
North Atlantic right whale calls and sounds from other marine mammals and
human noise sources.  To apply, these positions can be found on the
University of Miami job site (www.miami.edu/careers).  The Senior Research
Associate 1 position is posted as requisition R100078543
<https://careers.miami.edu/us/en/job/R100078543/Senior-Research-Associate-I>.
The Research Associate 2 position is posted as requisition R100078544
<https://careers.miami.edu/us/en/job/R100078544/Research-Associate-II>.

We seek one full-time Research Associate 2 with expertise in data science
and data management to join our team as an Acoustic Data Manager. This
position will provide data management and quality control for managing and
migrating large acoustic recording data collections to the cloud and
preparing metadata and summary outputs to support a national passive
acoustic decision support tool for marine mammal management.  To apply, the
Research Associate 2 Acoustic Data Manager position can be found on the
University of Miami job site (www.miami.edu/careers) as requisition
R100078545
<https://careers.miami.edu/us/en/job/R100078545/Research-Associate-II>.

Please share this info with any potential applicants and feel free to
contact me at melissa.soldevi...@noaa.gov with any questions.

Best wishes,
Melissa