On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 4:30 AM, <prhu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the implementation is at a point where I'm ready to let the marpa
> community see it and give some critique. Here is the github repo
> <https://github.com/patrickhuber/pliant>. It still needs a lot of work,
> but I'm pretty sure the SPPF with leo items is working properly. If there
> are any test cases that you know are particularly challenging for the marpa
> parser, I'd be interested in implementing them to make sure my
> implementation is correct.

I once ran into a straightforward, but highly ambiguous case [1], for which
Marpa::R2::ASF <http://search.cpan.org/~jkegl/Marpa-R2-3.000000/pod/ASF.pod>
was able to report ambiguities correctly [2] -- perhaps you could use it as
a stress test for your parse forest implementation.

It's in perl, but the grammar and source are easy to find.

The grammar is in SLIF
<http://search.cpan.org/~jkegl/Marpa-R2-3.000000/pod/Scanless/DSL.pod>, but
convertable to BNF, e.g. + means one-or-more sequence, which is implemented
in Marpa as left recursion and lexemes (~) allow character classes.

Otherwise (not necessarily related to parse forests), there is Marpa::R2
test suite <https://github.com/jeffreykegler/Marpa--R2/tree/master/cpan/t>
(also
in perl).

Hope it helps.