On 100826T, at 10:08, Richard Holland wrote:

On 100813F, at 16:30, Gabriel Berriz wrote:

Is there a programmatic way to get the correct value of the datasetConfigVersion attribute, for queries like

<!DOCTYPE Query>
<Query completionStamp="1" count="" datasetConfigVersion="0.6" requestId="biomart-client" uniqueRows="1" virtualSchemaName="default">
<Dataset interface="default" name="btaurus_gene_ensembl">
 <Attribute name="ensembl_gene_id" />
 <Attribute name="description" />
</Dataset>
</Query>

btaurus_gene_ensembl is a dataset name, not a mart name. The parameter 'mart' requires a mart name. In this case (admittedly I did this by process of guessing) the mart name for the mart that contains the dataset btaurus_gene_ensembl is 'ensembl'.

Hi.  Thanks for the correction.

Therefore the following works the way you are probably expecting it to:

http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martservice?mart=ensembl&type=version

When I visit this URL, I get the value 0.6, but the BioMart documentation (p. 68) suggests that the value for the datasetConfigVersion attribute should be at least 0.7:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Query>
<Query virtualSchemaName = "default" uniqueRows = "" count = "" datasetConfigVersion = "0.7" >
  <Dataset name = "mytest" interface = "default" >
    <Attribute name = "ensembl_transcript_id" />
    <Attribute name = "chromosome_name" />
    <Filter name = "chromosome_name" value= "22"/>
  </Dataset>
</Query>

I'm not sure how to make sense of this.

My goal here is to find a programmatic way to determine the most current value for the datasetConfigVersion attribute.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

TIA!

Gabriel

Gabriel F. Berriz, PhD
Senior Bioinformatics Developer
Roth Lab
Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology -- Harvard Medical School
250 Longwood Avenue
Seeley G. Mudd Building 322B
Boston, MA 02115-5701
Telephone: 617.432.3555