Everyone's reply to my 'Paragraph on the Balkans' was quite
interesting
even if it was longer than a short paragraph on your view of the
situation. I6t would be much more useful to have a brief note on what
everyone's position is (both theoretically and in their propaganda),
who you do and do not support and what you think is the one big issue.

One point that does not seem to be raised in the role of the European
Union. There is clearly much opposition to NATO and Bob raises the
issue of the US/UK dominated UN, but it is the German dominated EU
which is challenging US influence in the Balkans. It has no military
of its own at present but it a strong economic force in the region
and hopes to gather up into itself as many of the ex-communist
countries as is profitable and politically necessary.

The slogan should read:
NATO/United Nations/European Union out of the Balkans

Regards,

JOHN WALKER