Actually, Chris, my home e-mail account is not very trustworthy (I'd
prepared a response, but it and a heap of others just never went) _ I am
not beyond quoting Marx from secondary sources, but I have read the 18th
Brumaire many times - it's my very favourite of his writings (which I'm
sure I've said many times), and one I find gives me a very solid grounding
from which to look at all the sagas that have unfolded since (I think you
and I disagree on the SU in particular and the historical constraints that
pertain in given moments in general) rather than on the context of the
quote I posted, btw) - including the one we're in now - but I haven't the
time to go with that theme now - I absolutely must go the pub now.  I'm
well overdue for a little debauched excess.

Avagoodweegend everyone,
Rob.