Russell wrote:
> Have any Thaxians aware of Ricahrd Barbrook and the Hypermedia Research
> Centre's debates with Wired Magazine?
> Interesting stuff @ http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/ma.theory.4.db

Looking at the first bit of 'Cyber-Communism' all i can say is that
I could not find one bit I could agree with. I do think people on the
left can truely believe in communism and the whole thing seems to be
an attack against the USSR (which clearly for all his protestations
seems still to pose a threat).

I think the point about a Cyber-economy transcending capitalism is
only plausable to people who spend all their time on the computer and
not enough in the real world. The printing press did not bring down
Feudalism and the only real money made in this cyber world is in
microchip manufacture and selling non-cyber products the rest merely
melts into air.

JohnWalker