Er, perhaps I should point out it's the sentiment I find so pleasing, not
necessarily the sanguine 'new economy' exceptionalism implicit there-in.
Human work (as opposed to the inhuman work that rules the roost today) will
ever be part of the world, and no-one should be denied their whack.  Being
'overplaced' unto social irrelevance and private impotence is itself the
thing that is obscene - 'guaranteeing the survival' of those we first throw
away is a rather incoherent and (I'd've thought) unchristian way to go about
doing the lord's work ...

Rob