The growth of home schooling in the US is a development that the American state will feel threatened by. This is because it constitutes a form by which the very young can escape the greater clutches of the state and ideological process. By being inducted into school from a very early age the very young are being integrated into the state and its ideology from an early age.

Home schooling also tends to put teachers and their unions under pressure. Since some of the reasons offered for home schooling will entail criticism of the school and its teachers in their capacity to adequately and provide an education. This leads to the questioning of the performance of schools and teachers. In this way capitalism uses a practice that, in a sense, constitutes a challenge to the state as a means with which to beat and oppressors professional teachers.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]