I lifted this observation from a piece on Lenin by Louis Proyect. Does anybody have any
concerning it. Surely it is not a view that is widely held within marxism-Leninism:

"The Bolsheviks were free to criticize party positions publicly as long as they acted
in a
disciplined fashion with respect to demonstrations, strikes and other *actions*."

Louis' view, as I understand it, is that Iskra was a paper in which different
tendencies
within marxism were free to present their views. His piece to be found on his website
merits study as a basis for discussion of the subject of the Leninist organisational
form
since it raises issues that are of significance even if his overall conception may be
wrong.

I will download his article to the list presently.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]