I wrote up a summary of what is going on and put it up at my Japan Higher
Ed blog.

http://japanheo.blogspot.jp/2013/08/a-summary-of-what-is-going-on-at.html

Excerpt:

A lot of alarming reports and comments are appearing in the western media
about the situation at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear reactors in NE Japan.
They largely echo what has been appearing in the media here in Japan.

Are things getting so out of control that they will affect the health and
well-being of not only the Japanese but other Pacific Rim nations,
including the west coast of the United States? Is the escaping
contamination from Fukushima going to turn off sushi eaters in the US?
(Elevated levels of cesium have been reported in tuna as far away as
California).

Let's try to untangle the contamination and leak issues that have been in
the news a lot recently. What are the sources of the reported leaks?