The interesting thing will be see if the Argentinian crisis spills
across its border, and spreads to the rest of Latin America.
The US media has up to now been strongly insistant
that this crisis is purely Argentinian, and that there
is little danger of it spreading.  I am far from being
any sort of expert on Latin American economics, but
that seems to strain credibility to me.  After all the
same bourgeois media, has up to now been just
as strongly insistant upon the reality and importance
of economic interdependence between countries,
and certainly Argentina's economy is closely intertwined
with that of her neighbors.  And of course Argentina is
hardly alone in being victimized by IMF policies which
(with the connivance of her own economic and political
elites) forced an agenda of privatization and marketization
down the throats of the Argentinian masses.  So why
should we expect the crisis to remain confined within
Argentina's borders?

Jim F.