--------- Forwarded message ----------

[Posted on Proyect's Marxmail List by Phil Ferguson}

A 'revolution' subscriber in Japan sent me this which I thought was
quite
amusing:

French Intellectuals to be  Deployed to Afghanistan to Convince Taliban
of
Non-Existence of  God

The ground war in Afghanistan heated up yesterday when the  Allies
revealed
plans to airdrop a platoon of crack French  existentialist philosophers
into
the country to destroy the morale of  Taliban zealots by proving the
non-existence of God.

Elements from the feared Jean-Paul Sartre Brigade, or "Black Berets",
will
be parachuted into the combat zones to spread doubt, despondency  and
existential anomie among the enemy. Hardened by numerous  intellectual
battles fought during their long occupation of Paris' Left  Bank, their
first
action will be to establish a number of pavement Cafes  at strategic
points
near the front lines. There they will drink coffee  and talk animatedly
about
the absurd nature of life and man's lonely  isolation in the universe.
They
will be accompanied by a number of  heartbreakingly beautiful
girlfriends
who
will further spread dismay by  sticking their tongues in the
philosophers'
ears every five minutes and  looking remote and unattainable to everyone
else.

Their  leader, Colonel Marc-Ange Belmondo, spoke yesterday of his
confidence
in  the success of their mission. Sorbonne graduate Belmondo, a very
intense
and unshaven young man in a black pullover, gesticulated wildly and
said,
"The Taliban are caught in a logical fallacy of the most  ridiculous.
There
is no God and I can prove it. Take your tongue out of  my ear, Juliet, I
am
talking."

Marc-Ange plans to  deliver an impassioned thesis on  man's nauseating
freedom of  action with special reference to the work of Foucault and
the
films of  Alfred Hitchcock. However, humanitarian agencies have been
quick to
condemn the operation as inhumane, pointing out that the effects of
passive
smoking from the Frenchmens' endless Gitanes could wreak a  terrible
toll
on
civilians in the area.

Speculation was  mounting last night that Britain may also contribute to
the
effort by  dropping Professor Stephen Hawking into Afghanistan to
propagate
his  non-deistic theory of the creation of the universe. Other tactics
demonstrate the non-existence of God will include the dropping of
leaflets
pointing out that Michael Jackson has a new album out and Jesse  Helms
has
not died yet. This is only one of several Psy-Ops operations  mounted by
the
Allies.