From: Charles Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mar 15, 2005 4:30 PM
To: 'Forum for the discussion of theoretical issues raised by Karl Marx and
        the thinkers he inspired' <marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu>
Subject: [Marxism-Thaxis] Does Gödel Matter?

> %%%%%%
> CB: I think Hegel mentions math and jurisprudence as prime areas of the
> operation of formal logic.
>
> VFR: True enough, but I've a strong feeling that there's more to the
lawlessness of laws and constitutions than formal logic.

^^^^^^
CB: I'm curious to hear your discussion of the more there is to it.

 I was just thinking that _Goedel_ was likely to find logical problems with
the consistency or completeness of jurisprudential laws and constitutions.
Or was he a social critic that I don't know about ?