I've created a new web page for emergence-related posts of 23 Feb - 23 March 2005:

http://www.autodidactproject.org/my/emergence-blog.html

The original archive covering 5 Nov 2004-25 Feb 2005 can be found at:

http://www.autodidactproject.org/my/emergence-blog-02.html

The next installment will cover May-June 2005.

Last night I read some material on Whitehead's political and social philosophy, which only confirms for me the banality of his social view, which is predicated directly from his speculative metaphysics. I hope to contrast this with the emergent materialism and social theory of Marxism. Whitehead knew neither Hegel nor Marx, but only, alas Bradley. Whitehead is a major source, it seems, for the biosemiotics jibber-jabber in our midst (Washington).