I don't understand this at all.  In any case, I favor correspondence over
coherence theories of truth.

-----Original Message-----
From: "A. Mani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sep 15, 2005 5:45 PM
To: marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu
Subject: [Marxism-Thaxis] Re: Marxism-Thaxis Digest, Vol 23, Issue 13

Re :  Re: Graham Priest: dialectic & dialetheic (Ian Hunt)
> From: Ian Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] Graham Priest: dialectic & dialetheic

> Dear Ralph,
> I wonder what the purpose of your review is? We could surely do
> without the abuse (Priest and Sayers are 'philistines' etc). A little
> more argument and less assertion would go a long way, as would a bit
> better knowledge of Tarski's semantic theory of truth: the Tarski bit
> should read "A 'spade' is a spade" is true if and only if a 'spade'
> is a spade.
<snip>
I am deviating from the topic. From a formal viewpoint dialectic logics can be
of different types even if we restrict it to be Marxist. The concept of
proofs used in logics closer to computer science and AI in particular have a
clear dialectical content. Dialectical logics and theories of truth are
considered in the book 'logic and dialectics' by Petru Ioan (AI CUZA Univ
Press) for example. Do you think coherence is more compatible with
dialectical logics as opposed to the corresspondence theory of truth ?

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc

Ralph Dumain's The Autodidact Project
    http://www.autodidactproject.org