I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

At 12:19 PM 9/17/2005 +0930, Ian Hunt wrote:
Dear Ralph,
Sorry you are puzzled - the problem could be email shorthand.
On your first response, Priest says that we can say true things about the world in the form 'P&-P' (eg 'The sky is blue and not blue' or 'His head is bald and not bald') - whether this counts as saying much about representation of the world no doubt depends on your reference point. One way of participating in debating and discussing ideas is to offer interpretations. Another way is to argue for (or against) the ideas as one interprets them. I think that Priest participates at least in the first way. The people who dismiss talk of 'dialectic' as nonsense, dismiss it as nonsense: another person might accept that some of it makes sense but dismiss it as trivial. In either case it is dismissed, and from that perspective one could say it matters little which way it is dismissed. I hope this removes your puzzles - of course, we may still disagree over a number of things: what is valuable, what we care about, interpretations of Marx, etc,
Cheers,
Ian