Thanks for this.

Griffiths' and Sterelny's "Sex and Death:" is a book that is very much worth
reading and thanks for reminding us of it.

I find Sober always thoughtful.  But as I understand the gene-centered
theory as many interepret it today it does not depend on the phenotype
expression of genes in individuals.  Thus junk DNA may reproduce itself and
survive, unexpressed retro-virus maybe inbedded in our DNA, etc, but no
longer have "direct" expression.  We are unaware of what ever other
expression they may have.