For various purposes I've found it necessary to group certain materials. See my web pages:

Engels on the British Ideology: Empiricism, Agnosticism, & "Shamefaced Materialism"
http://www.autodidactproject.org/quote/engels-UK1.html

Engels (& Borges) on Carlyle
http://www.autodidactproject.org/quote/engels-carlyle.html

Further explanation can be found on these pages.

The first also intersects with:

Marx & Engels on Skepticism & Praxis
http://www.autodidactproject.org/quote/marx-skeptic.html

See also my recent blog entry with associated comments:

Naturalism & Materialism
http://www.freethoughtforum.org/members/ralphellectual/naturalism_materiali.htm

I'm working on a piece on scientism, and there's an homage to Roy Wood Sellars in the offing. I'm also re-reading Roy Bhaskar's THE POSSIBILITY OF NATURALISM after a quarter century.