All of this demonstrates why I can't get involved
in this melee.  As long as politics gets
conducted on this level, how can anything get straightened out?

However, the Clinton campaign, whichever way it
goes, has to straighten itself out.  The more
fundamental problem is that the legitimacy of
Clinton, whatever the objective criticisms of
Obama, has a flimsy basis other than the fact
that she is an entrenched representative of the
party, a course she charted for herself ever
since Bill left office, if not before.

Obama's weaknesses should have been dealt with a
long time ago, but they couldn't be, for a number
of reasons.  Obama's appeal to independents (i.e.
idiots) and moderate Republicans (reforming
idiots) is the source of his strength, even
though this very same appeal alienates
traditional (white) Democrats, and did not make
Obama appealing to blacks until whites voted for him en masse.

There is a lot of mess to be entangled here, but
it's too late to accomplish anything but damage
control.  That means the Clinton supporters have
to change their tone and their accusations.