Also, I forgot to mention that best to bog down US military in
Afghanistan so the forces there can't be redeployed to Venezuela and
Bolivia.

CB

>>> "Charles Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/08/2008 10:56
AM >>>

>>> Doug Henwood

>  No, the distinct characteristic of Obama's position is that he
> proposes a definite "timetable" for withdrawal as opposed to an
> indefinite one or "eventually."

Yeah, and he explicitly wants to take the troops withdrawn from Iraq
and send them to Afghanistan. Surely you've noticed that.

Doug

^^^^
CB:  Surely since you don't allow "conspiracy theories" of 9/11, it is
your position that Bin Laden's group did 9/11.   Is it your position
that Bin Laden's group did 9/11, but the US shan't attack Bin Laden's
group ? Given the premise that Bin Laden's group attacked the US on
9/11, I don't know of a legal argument against the US military
counterattacking that group. Bin Laden's group is sort of unique in
modern US imperialist history. No other "Third World" country or group
has actually attacked the US, contrary to US lying propaganda about
protecting American "freedom" through wars in Korea, Viet Nam,
Nicaragua, Afghanistan-ante (!), etc.

 Iraq was the opposite. The attack there by the US violates the UN
Convention against Crimes Against Peace.

As far as imperialism, I don't really think the US wants to set up a
colony or neo-colony in Afghanistan.  There's not much to exploit
there.

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com