In a message dated 1/6/2010 2:08:21 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
cb31...@gmail.com writes:

>> But, as we know  from earlier surges of the left in the U.S. and
elsewhere, the effectiveness  of such organizing is dependent on
conditions that are unpredictable and that  cannot be artificially
brought into existence. The political question, then,  within an
interim period such as our own since 1975 is what kind of work  and
thought in the present does the hypothesis of such a period in  the
future demand.<<

Carrol

Comment

Cox is old enough and experienced enough to generally land on his feet and
on the right side of theoretical and political questions . . . all the
time. His  unraveling of the "right" and "left" involved in overthrowing Jim
Crow is  astute. That is to say. I like his mind set on basically all the
issues most of  the time. I would be honored to be in the same organization as
him, not  withstanding norm individual differences in interpretation of
history.

WL.