Demonstrate in Lansing at Governor Granholm's State of State speech

Wednesday, February 3, 2010-5:30 pm

Demand that Governor Granholm use her powers to DECLARE A STATE OF
EMERGENCY and Place a Two-Year Moratorium on Foreclosures, Evictions
and Utility Shutoffs in Michigan.

For Transportation from Detroit call 313-887-4344 -- Transportation
leaving Detroit at 3:30 PM (Feb 3) from parking lot on southeast
corner of Temple and Third Streets (behind MCHT Building).

The people of Michigan need emergency relief NOW to survive the
economic catastrophe that we are in. We demand that Gov. Granholm
exercise her authority under MCL 10.31 to declare a State of Economic
Emergency in Michigan and place an immediate Moratorium on all
Foreclosures, Evictions and Utility Shutoffs. In addition, we demand
that the State Legislature pass S.B. 29 which calls for a two-year
moratorium on foreclosures.

Furthermore, emergency relief is needed in the City of Detroit, the
hardest hit major city with 45% unemployed, families losing their
lives due to DTE Energy shutoffs, neighborhoods destroyed by
foreclosures and evictions, Detroit schools continuing to fail, and
City services diminished due to lay-offs.   Call Mayor Bing at
224-9566 to demand he declare a State of Economic Emergency in the
City of Detroit.

We must demand that the Governor apply to President Obama for money to
bail out Michigan cities and towns, especially those with the highest
unemployment.  . We need funds for jobs for youth to rebuild the
houses that have been stripped and destroyed, and money to stop the
destruction of public education and services in our cities. The money
for the bankers, corporations and military must go to Bailout the
People!

For more information and to volunteer to help, Call 313-887-4344 or
Email morator...@moratorium-mi.org  or see
http://www.moratorium-mi.org

Donations are desperately needed.  Send checks to Moratorium Now
Coalition, 5920 Second Ave., Detroit, MI 48202

To endorse the Campaign for a Two-year Moratorium on Foreclosures and
Evictions: http://www.moratorium-mi.org/ endorse.shtml

To Sign the Petition to let the Michigan Governor, State Legislature,
Congressional Delegation, President Obama, Congressional leaders,
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Federal Reserve Chairman
and members of the media know you want the legislature to PASS THE
TWO-YEAR MORATORIUM ON FORECLOSURES BILL NOW:
http://www.moratorium-mi.org/petition.shtml