http://www.la-journee-sans-immigres.org/pages/Manifest_Day_without_immigrants-2549727.html
Manifest "Day without immigrants"

Manifest : English translation

We, women and men, of all beliefs, of all political positions, and of
all skin colours, immigrants, immigrants' descendants, citizens,
conscious of the important contribution of immigration to our country,
have enough of unworthy remarks made by certain political officials
aiming at stigmatizing or criminalizing immigrants and their
descendants.

Let us recall that an immigrant is perceived as he is by the others
even beyond his own origins. We would like to re-adapt and to
rehabilitate this term which is used in a derogatory way because of
the political instrumentalisation.

We refuse the (conveyed) stereotypes which threaten our social
cohesion. We refuse that the past, present and future’ benefits of
immigrants who built and continue to build France are denied. So it
depends on us to emphasize the importance of immigrants in this
country!

Immigrants and descendants of immigrants held several demonstrations
to defend their rights. But they were scornfully rejected! So as it is
agreed that “consumption is the engine of growth, indignation stirs us
to action!!!

The 1st of March 2005 was the day the “code of foreigners' entry and
stay and right to asylum” came into effect. This law symbolizes a
utilitarian conception of immigration, in other words, an immigration
based on economic requirements. We couldn't have picked a better day
to call for “a Day without immigrants”.
We, immigrants, immigrants' descendants, citizens are aware of the
contribution of immigration to our country”, we all generate economic
growth of this country.

Our citizen’s approach assesses the potential contribution of each one
of us to the economic prosperity. We have the Power to decide on our
future, to take action and have our say on it!

March the 1st, 2010: we will abstain from consumer spending and /or working.

During 24 hours, so let us abstain from working in companies,
associations, attending colleges, hospitals, buying, selling…For the
first time in France, we decide not to take part in the life of “la
Cité”.

We will mark our presence by our absence !