In the movie "Reds", John Reed gets imprisoned in Finland on his way
to Russia to join up with the Bolsheviks. When he gets to Moscow
released from prison, it is in exchange for some Russian
intellectuals. He is riding in a car with a young Bolshevik, who tells
him "Lenin said he would trade fifty petit bourgeois professors for
Comrade Reed."