Below is an essay that Rosa L. references arguing that Hegel is part
of the Hermetic Tradition. I copied the beginning which summarizes
what the Hermetic Tradition is. The author points out that Hegel
claimed to have found wisdom or Absolute Knowledge, and that he was no
longer seeking it as a philosopher does, 'cause he had found it.

However, it is no secret that Hegel is not just Hermetic but out right
Christian ! He put his ultimate formulations in the form of a Deism.
He speaks of "God" seriously, theologically:

Religion
Hegel's thoughts on the person of Jesus Christ stood out from the
theologies of the Enlightenment. In his posthumous book, The Christian
Religion: Lectures on Philosophy of Religion Part 3, he espouses that,
"God is not an abstraction but a concrete God." "God, considered in
terms of his eternal Idea, has to generate the Son, has to distinguish
himself from himself; he is the process of differentiating, namely,
love and Spirit". This means that Jesus as the Son of God is posited
by God over against himself as other. Hegel sees both a relational
unity and a metaphysical unity between Jesus and God the Father. To
Hegel, Jesus is both divine and Human. Preceding the 'death-of-God'
theologians, Hegel further attests that God (as Jesus) not only died,
but "...rather, a reversal takes place: God, that is to say, maintains
himself in the process, and the latter is only the death of death. God
rises again to life, and thus things are reversed." Hegel therefore
maintains not only the deity of Jesus, but the resurrection as a
reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Wilhelm_Friedrich_Hegel

^^^^^^^
CB: So what is Rosa L. really "discovering"  here ?

[1] Hegel and the Hermetic Tradition, by Glen Magee

This book was published by Cornell University Press in 2001; here I
reproduce the Introduction to this work, copied from the Marxist
Internet Archive.

Glenn Magee (2001)

Hegel and the Hermetic Tradition

Published: Cornell University Press, 2001.

Introduction
God is God only so far as he knows himself. his self-knowledge is,
further, a self-consciousness in man and man’s knowledge of God, which
proceeds to man’s self-knowledge in God.
— Hegel, Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences

1. Hegel as Hermetic Thinker
Hegel is not a philosopher. He is no lover or seeker of wisdom — he
believes he has found it. Hegel writes in the preface to the
Phenomenology of Spirit, “To help bring philosophy closer to the form
of Science, to the goal where it can lay aside the title of ‘love of
knowing’ and be actual knowledge — that is what I have set before me”
(Miller, 3; PC, 3). By the end of the Phenomenology, Hegel claims to
have arrived at Absolute Knowledge, which he identifies with wisdom.

Hegel’s claim to have attained wisdom is completely contrary to the
original Greek conception of philosophy as the love of wisdom, that
is, the ongoing pursuit rather than the final possession of wisdom.
His claim is, however, fully consistent with the ambitions of the
Hermetic tradition, a current of thought that derives its name from
the so-called Hermetica (or Corpus Hermeticum), a collection of Greek
and Latin treatises and dialogues written in the first or second
centuries A.D. and probably containing ideas that are far older. The
legendary author of these works is Hermes Trismegistus
(“Thrice-Greatest Hermes”). “Hermeticism” denotes a broad tradition of
thought that grew out of the “writings of Hermes” and was expanded and
developed through the infusion of various other traditions. Thus,
alchemy, Kabbalism, Lullism, and the mysticism of Eckhart and Cusa —
to name just a few examples — became intertwined with the Hermetic
doctrines. (Indeed, Hermeticism is used by some authors simply to mean
alchemy.) Hermeticism is also sometimes called theosophy, or
esotericism; less precisely, it is often characterized as mysticism,
or occultism.

It is the thesis of this book that Hegel is a Hermetic thinker. I
shall show that there are striking correspondences between Hegelian
philosophy and Hermetic theosophy, and that these correspondences are
not accidental. Hegel was actively interested in Hermeticism, he was
influenced by its exponents from boyhood on, and he allied himself
with Hermetic movements and thinkers throughout his life. I do not
argue merely that we can understand Hegel as a Hermetic thinker, just
as we can understand him as a German or a Swabian or an idealist
thinker. Instead, I argue that we must understand Hegel as a Hermetic
thinker, if we are to truly understand him at all.