Seems mostly delusional about the influence either field had.

Getting to the end,

>>Although I am deeply committed to using knowledge in the service of society,
>>this book provides examples of the unintended consequences and the tricky
>>relationships that emerge when knowledge is used within the frame of specific
political projects. I don't think scientists or theorists should pull
back in any way; I just hope that scholars realize that when they
enter into the public sphere, they may lose control of how their work
is employed, and scholars should not be surprised when the work they
produce is used in a way that is inimical to their values.<<

Makes me want to shove the book up the ass of the author.

CJ

--
ELT in Japan
http://eltinjapan.blogspot.com/