I think this is the first time I spelled his name correctly. This is
the funniest profile yet today. Are we actually supposed to believe
that Rahmbo even knows what a brake lining is? I wonder if he got a
George HW Bush commemorative ring or watch for his volunteer service?
His book 'The Plan' sounds like a diet book from the title. It didn't
prove very popular. Given his alleged mechanic skills, maybe we ought
to call him and Timmy G. 'Click and Clack'. His work in finance is
with a rather obscure firm, Wasserstein and Perella, which specialized
in putting together takeover deals in the 80s and 90s. I speculate
(pun intended) that he made a fortune when this company got acquired
by a bank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_emanuel#Election_in_2002

His strongest opponent of the seven other candidates in the 2002
Democratic primary—the real contest in this heavily Democratic
district—was former Illinois State Representative Nancy Kaszak, who
had unsuccessfully opposed Blagojevich in the 1996 primary. The most
controversial moment of the primary election came when Edward Moskal,
president of the Polish American Congress, a political action
committee endorsing Kaszak, called Emanuel a "millionaire carpetbagger
 who knows nothing" about "our heritage". Moskal also charged that
Emanuel had dual citizenship with Israel and had served in the Israeli
Army.[35]  Emanuel did not serve in the Israeli army, but was a
civilian volunteer assisting the Israel Defense Forces for a short
time during the 1991 Gulf War, repairing truck brakes in one of
Israel's northern bases with Sar-El.[36][37]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_emanuel#Career_in_finance

Career in finance

After serving as an advisor to Bill Clinton, in 1998 Emanuel resigned
from his position in the Clinton administration and became an
investment banker at Wasserstein Perella (now Dresdner Kleinwort),
where he worked until 2002.[29] In 1999, he became a managing director
at the firm’s Chicago office. Emanuel made $16.2 million in his
two-and-a-half-year stint as a banker, according to Congressional
disclosures.[29][30] At Wasserstein Perella, he worked on eight deals,
including the acquisition by Commonwealth Edison of Peco Energy and
the purchase by GTCR Golder Rauner of the SecurityLink home security
unit from SBC Communications.[29]

Emanuel was named to the Board of Directors for the Federal Home Loan
Mortgage Corporation ("Freddie Mac") by then President Bill Clinton in
2000. His position earned him at least $320,000, including later stock
sales.[31][32] He was not assigned to any of the board's working
committees, and the Board met no more than six times per year.[32]

During his time on the board, Freddie Mac was plagued with scandals
involving campaign contributions and accounting
irregularities.[32][33] The Obama Administration rejected a request
under the Freedom of Information Act to review Freddie Mac board
minutes and correspondence during Emanuel's time as a director.[32]

The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) later
accused the board of having "failed in its duty to follow up on
matters brought to its attention." Emanuel resigned from the board in
2001 when he ran for Congress.[34]

http://www.readtheplan.com/intro.htm

The Plan is meant to be a revolutionary little book, based on a
simple, radical theory: The best way for either party to solve its
political problems is to spell out how it actually plans to solve the
country’s problems. That’s what we’ve tried to do, with an innovative
agenda that is ambitious enough to spell out a new social contract for
America, but clear enough that it can be counted off on one hand.

We’ve tried to offer a serious agenda and philosophy for how to run
the country, but we couldn’t bring ourselves to write either a dull
policy tome or a partisan pamphlet. It doesn’t do much good to offer
big ideas for America if people can’t understand or stay awake to read
them.