On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:21 AM, c b wrote:

> ...It's a truism or trivially true from the premises of Darwinism
> that ,
> _for species that do survive and don't go extinct_, "the individual
> organism is a survival machine for its genes, ".However,  for species
> that go extinct their organisms are not survival machines...

Every species of dinosaur went extinct.  Their descendant gene-
carriers are all around us.  Every one of our ancestral hominid
species went extinct.  We all carry most of their genes.

Shane Mage

  This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
  always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
  kindling in measures and going out in measures."

  Herakleitos of Ephesos