Gary wrote:

> Will the tail continue to wag the dog and will Netanyahu and the Zionist
> lobby remain in charge of what constitutes American interests?  It looks
> like it.  But I have difficulty in believing that this will always be the
> case. But first it would seem that the revolution must mature and really
> threaten American business, before the relationship with Tel Aviv comes
> under threat.

I don't think Gary's formulation is at all accurate. The US is loyal to the
Israeli state exactly because the Israeli state is loyal to the US in the way
that no major Arab client or puppet regime can be, no matter how craven and
servile. It is the fact that the very existence of Israeli state and society as
a colonial outpost, against the will of the natives, depends in its entirety on
the good will and largesse on the ruling imperial power of the day, Britain
yesterday and the US today, that guarantees its utility as the bedrock of the
imperial order in West Asia. By comparison, the Arab people (substitute any
other semi-colonial peoples here), does not owe its existence to the imperial
order and the puppet and client states which have been foisted upon it, but
rather contains large majorities whose material interests are fundamentally at
odds with the imperialist order, and who continue to live from day to day in
spite of of that criminal order and its depredations. Egypt demonstrates this
is
the source of the instability and unreliability which is built into the
foundations of the native puppet or client state, and why the US persistently
regards the interests of its Israeli colonial garrison above those of even the
most servile of its native clients in this important region.

Samir Amin has also pointed out in Empire of Chaos that Britain first
recognised
the utility of a settler colony in the Arab regions in the 1860s, when faced
with the attempt by Mohammed Ali to industrialise Egypt (cf the Meiji
restoration in Japan) and remove it from the semi colonial and dependent status
to which it had already been assigned by Britain and France. Israel, under
Netanyahu and gang, continue to perform their assigned functions today, though
in the service of the US.

Lajany Otum.