Also agreed. Reality is deeply uneven and we have to find some way of
taking that into account. Ignoring it can be fatal. But we also have
to understand commonalities where they exist. Is their a deep story
that connects Egypt to Wisconsin or are they fundamentally different
events and the seeming connections are a surface coincidence and
illusion? I would argue the former and I think understanding it means
coming to an understanding of how capitalism has evolved, how
imperialism has mutated, etc. Things bound up with terms like
neoliberalism and globalization.
-dave