Louis  wrote:
Fred, are you making headway persuading comrades not to support a no-fly
zone or Green Berets parachuting into Benghazi? I know that it is a uphill
battle here with so many supporters of Michael Berube and Christopher
Hitchens.

Fred comments:
As is often true when Louis goes wise-ass on us, he is not  honest about
what been under discussion.

He attempts to create, through a fictional construction, that I have been
slandering comrades as advocates of the pro-imperialist positions of Berube
and Hitchens.
I have only occasionally debated with such people.  That is basically Louis'
department and he is quite competent at it.

I was  participating in  a  discussion comrades, and a pretty civil one
(except when Stansfield Smith was involved and now with Louis' contribution)
on the question of whether a US could be either possible or necessary at
this time. Not a debate on a matter of principle, but one mostly around
facts.

Louis owns this list, and the list is as open and as restricted as he wants
it to be. If he orders me to stop writing about Lybia and the march toward
US and other military intervention, I
will, of course, cease  and desist. He the boss.

Of course Louis can say or do anything he wants on the list. Property is
ten-tenths of the law. But I register my personal objection to his use a
witticism to cover  political misrepresentation.

Comradely,
Fred