1.  The Guardian
Gaddafi deploys tanks in all-out bid to take
Zawiyah<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/08/gaddafi-forces-devastating-attack-on-zawiyah>
 [image:
Zawiyah]
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/08/gaddafi-forces-devastating-attack-on-zawiyah>
Witnesses tell of women and children killed in huge assault on refinery town
held by rebels for two weeks..

2. Al Jazeera/english

Rebels set demands for Gaddafi exit
<http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/03/201138133847222111.html>
 Head of Libyan rebels tells Al Jazeera Gaddafi "will not be pursued" if he
quits within 72 hours and ends the fighting.

Interesting.  The Guardian headline is very much in the "humanitarian
intervention" mode, while that of Al-jazeera would suggest that an
intervention is not necessary.

Having said that and once more acknowledged the concerns that underpin the
case that Fred, Nestor, Eli and others have made I do not back away at all
from my previous stance of welcoming the movement against Qaddafi. To say
more would be repeating myself and as I am no longer an academic, I don't
ever feel the need as much; well hardly ever. But what the hell -Down with
Qaddafi and Long Live the Libyan and Arab Revolutions.

comradely

Gary