Louis Proyect (l...@panix.com) wrote on 2011-03-13 at 16:18:50 in  about
Re: [Marxism] Fidel: "The two earthquakes":

> On 3/13/11 4:10 PM, Lüko Willms wrote:
> > Nor do I doubt the intentions of the United States and NATO to
> > intervene militarily in Libya and abort the revolutionary wave
> > shaking the Arab world.

> Implicitly excepting the one taking place in Libya.

   You do not think that King Abdallah of Saudi Arabia and all the other
absolute monarchs are the greatest friends of the ongoing Arab revolution
because they have called on the USA to militarily attack the sister nation
Libya, removing Qadhafi (who has so often trampled them on the nose), and
have invaded Bahrein in order to support the revolution there?

   I still think that cheerleading the revolt in Libya from the sidelines is
"vanity under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 4:4) while the important task is to fight
against the imperialist and other foreign interventions into the struggle, in
order to secure the breathing space for the Libyan people to sort out their
affairs themselves.

   Fidel Castro's "reflections" help a lot to lead this effort. He is still the
most
important revolutionary leader of our lifetime.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany