I'm thinking of unsubbing because I need the time to paint my house...but it
hadn't occured to me to public announce that I was unsubbing in passive
protest of the fact that the list moderators and members won't come over and
do it for me.

I don't like to see people unsubbing either...and I see this as mostly a
reflection of a fundamental confusion as to what an email list is....

Some people want to think of an email list as a political party of some sort
and complain that its norms aren't those of a health political party.

A certain amount of name-calling and flaming is simply endemic to email
lists.  The bigger the list the more the chances are that it will happen.  I
actually think this list has kept it at something of a minimum--which is a
tribute to its seriousness--though the nature of this project will keep it
an issue.

People need to be a bit more patient and understand the tool they're using
as the tool they're using and not something else....

ML