It is a liberalish bit of mainstream reporting but it clearly outlines
an important set of US interests in the Libya intervention - that this
is intended to legitimize imperial power, establish a precedent,
'rehabilitate humanitarian intervention', and 'promote democracy'. As
such it is worth more than the reams conspiracism that passes for
analysis on much of the left. Any relation between such thought and
reality is often pure coincidence or worse.
-dave