> On 4/21/11 12:35 PM, MARGARET WYLES wrote:
>
>>   How does this move things forward when it works so
>> perfectly to further the interests of the right?
>>

> Louis Proyect replied:

What a joke. Because I write that is wrong for the left to circulate
> unsubstantiated reports that 70 to 80 Chadians had been hacked to pieces by
> the anti-Qaddafi opposition, you feel that I am furthering "the interests of
> the right". I'll tell you what, when MRZine and Counterpunch stop publishing
> this kind of crapola about Libya, then I will stop correcting them.

Well said.

Incidentally, I probably qualify as one of the 'young Marxists' that
Margaret mentioned a few times earlier in the conversation (I'm 26) and I
have to say, I see absolutely no contradiction or confusion in Lou's
position whatsoever. Whether it's objectively or dialectically the right
position is another matter, open for debate (hence the mailing list, one
would assume), but it's faintly ridiculous to imply that he is furthering
the interests of the Right just because he has a more complex and nuanced
take on events than the dogmatic 'Imperialists BAD, Imperialists intervening
in Libya BAD, therefore Qaddafi must be GOOD, Qaddafi must be
ANTI-IMPERIALIST'...

Cheers,
Seb