Well we will go back and forward over this for ever and comrades like
Cockshott will forever give the moderate line.  All this despite the results
of Allende's tactics. The logic of Comrade Cockshott's line is of course
that Allende should have been even more accommodating and eschewed even the
slightest suggestion of redistribution. Perhaps he could have become
something like New Labour before Blair!  Then he could have gotten to
address both houses of the American legislature.

To argue that there was no radical alternative to what Allende attempted is
of course to say that revolution was impossible and that the army could not
be split.  Praises be to the Lord of Revolutions that the people of Egypt
were not as well versed in Marxist theory as our good comrade in Glasgow or
else Mubarak would still be ensconced in one of his palaces in Cairo.

comradely

Gary