On 5/25/2011 6:29 AM, Dan wrote:
Again, I NEVER HEARD, READ or SAW ANYTHING that might suggest that
Strauss-Kahn's Jewish identity could seriously prevent him from becoming
the next French president. It just never came up, AT ALL.

His specific worry about this was that he confessed his willingness to help Israel at any cost. SeeCourtney Comstock, ‘Shocking Strauss-Kahn Interview: I Could See Myself Becoming The Victim Of A "Honey Trap"’, /Business Insider, /16 May 2011, http://www.businessinsider.com/dominique-strauss-kahn-liberation-interview-woman-raped-parking-lot-set-up-2011-5#ixzz1MbxOeNhS*.*

It refers to a /Liberation /interview on April 28, in which he discussed the following:

/According to Jewish Tribune, he had said years ago that "he gets up every morning wondering how (he can) be useful to Israel." "Stupid," he now says, "but I hadn't refuted it at the time"/

So what was 'stupid'? His openness to the Tribune? His failure to offer a correction in the event it was a misquote? His articulation of these feelings about Israel? These feelings themselves?

For more on the IMF's favouritism to policies that will demolish Palestinian socio-economic prospects, see http://ccs.ukzn.ac.za/files/Bond%20Palestine%20neoliberalism%2019%20May%202011.pdf