On 6/1/2011 10:57 AM, Richard Fidler wrote:

  See Jonah Raskin, My Search for B. Traven (Methuen, 1980).

Dan wrote:

Travenologists (as they are called) will spend entire congresses
discussing who Traven really was, whether he was a German anarchist
who spent time in the US and Mexico, or ...

Just to say that The Death Ship is definitely a great, and short,
novel that is sure to enthrall any young (or older) reader.

Back in the 70s, I used to keep two items on my cubicle wall wherever I worked. One was a copy of the cover of "Death Ship". The other was words from Karl Marx's
"Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844":

"...the worker feels himself only when he is not working; when he is working, he does not feel himself. He is at home when he is not working, and not at home when he is working."