Hi Everyone

As some of you may know, I am in-between jobs. For some reason I have been
watching a bit of TV between 5-7, while I am cooking or eating dinner.

I have been watching the TV sitcom King of Queens. While I am sometimes
embarrassed on the part of one of the protagonists, Doug (he is so
horrifyingly, stupifyingly "manly") the couple seem to be situated in deep
working class conditions. As I write, Doug and his colleagues are in the midst
of organised labour bargaining, a line of dialogue of which has been "I'm on
the picket line six hours a day"...

One other show, Everybody Loves Raymond seems more petite bourgeois (as opposed
to the apparently lumpenproletariat King of Queens) and is more uglier, as it
were.

I'm sorry to waste your time on silly things like this, but does anyone have
any views on these?

Ismail

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto